2018th is coming to an end, so it is time to decide what your New Year’s resolutions are. Why one of them would not be a healthy diet? You’ve been asking us a lot about healthy and tasty recipes, and we decided to prepare a full detox guide for 2 days and ease up the job!
While it seems harmless to undergo a detox on your own it is really important not to do it without supervision. Anyway, there are some gentle ways to get started with the process by emphasizing detox-friendly foods in your diet. Foods we recommend to our clients are:
- Garlic, avocados, olive oil – these are amazing for your liver;
- Lemon, kale, spinach, garlic, ginger – naturally detoxifying foods;
- Soups, stews, smoothies – easily digestible foods;
- Chia seeds, pears – fiber-packed foods;
- Warm water + apple cider vinegar – digestion-supported drink.
Try the recipes below and let us know if you like them!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day – you heard this so many times. Personal Trainers Dubai agree, so we decided to provide you with the most nutritive breakfast ideas that you can’t say no to! These recipes will help you start your day fully energized, and we guarantee that you are going to be more productive and focused after a meal like this.
#1 Overnight oats with chia seeds
Do you like an idea of having pudding for breakfast? We do, so here is one amazing way to start up your day with tasty and healthy food! Chia seeds combined with oats are great because you can pair them with any fruit or healthy topping combo you can dream up.
This recipe can be prepared the night before and put in the fridge, so when you wake up you have a refreshing breakfast already prepared. In this recipe, we are preparing our overnight oats with chia seeds combined with raspberries, blueberries and strawberries.
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds;
- 3/4 cup rolled oats;
- 1 cup of almond milk;
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries;
- 3 strawberries, sliced;
- 1/4 cup raspberries;
- a sprinkle of granola.
- Mix chia seeds, oats and almond milk. Divide into serving containers.
- Refrigerate and allow it to sit overnight to absorb the almond milk.
- Once ready to it, top with berries and granola.
Additional ideas to combine your chia seeds and oats:
- Peach, plum, fresh basil leaves, pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds.
- Fresh mango, banana, avocado and lemon juice.
#2 Green smoothie to start your day!
Smoothies are one of the easiest ways to start your day and to clean out the stored toxins overwhelming your system. When you fuel your system with detoxifying ingredients first thing in the morning, your organism works with maximum efficiency and you feel energetic.
Your smoothie detox superstars for this meal are:
- 1 ripe banana;
- 1 tablespoon of bee pollen;
- 2 teaspoons of spirulina powder;
- 1 organic green apple, cut in cubes;
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice;
- 1 cup spinach leaves;
- 1 cucumber, cut in cubes;
- 1/2 cup almond milk.
Instructions are as simple as they get:
- Add all ingredients in the blender and process to obtain a creamy smoothie.
- Drink right away.
Here are some nutritionally balanced meals that will support your body’s detoxification process. These detox lunches are not going to leave you hungry – you are going to feel energized because of complex carbs and healthy fats. Dig in!
#1 Liver-beef salad
The prep time for this meal is about 10 minutes, it is super easy to prepare and it is great to take to work or when you have to spend a whole day outside, so you don’t ruin your detox routine.
This salad contains unique detoxifying antioxidants from beef and healthy fats from avocado, protecting your liver from free radicals damage.
Ingredients for the salad:
- 3-4 medium beets, roasted and cut into small cubes;
- 2 avocado fruits, peeled and cut into small cubes;
- 1 cup fresh rocket leaves;
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves;
- ½ cup cooked quinoa;
- 1 tablespoon of mixed seeds (chia, sesame, sunflower, pumpkin seeds).
Ingredients for the dressing:
- ½ inch ginger piece, minced;
- 1 tablespoon lime juice;
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar;
- ½ tablespoon sea salt;
- 2 tablespoon tahini.
- Add all the ingredients except rocket and mint for the salad into a medium bowl, and mix to combine.
- In a blender add the dressing ingredients and process to obtain a creamy liquid.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix to combine.
- Add the rocket and mint, and mix carefully.
- Serve immediately and enjoy a fantastic meal.
#2 Moroccan-spiced chickpea glow bowl
This meal is a amazing example of super healthy food that doesn’t taste like all dreams about delicious food have been destroyed. Currently, with New Year coming up, you should really take care of your diet, and I believe that this is a dish you are really going to enjoy.
Ingredients for Moroccan-spiced chickpea:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil;
- 1/4 cup chopped onion;
- 1 clove garlic, minced;
- 1 tablespoon each – chili powder and cumin;
- 1 teaspoon each – turmeric and garam masala;
- 1 teaspoon sea salt;
- dash of each -cinnamon and cayenne (to taste);
- 2 14-ounce cans chickpeas;
- 2 14-ounce cans fire roasted diced tomatoes.
Ingredients for the bowls:
- mint, parsley, cilantro;
- yogurt or hummus;
- olive oil;
- lemon juice;
- toasted pita wedges.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion; saute until soft. Add the garlic, spices, salt, and chickpeas – stir until very fragrant. Add the tomatoes (undrained) and simmer for 20 minutes while you prep the other ingredients.
- Chop the cucumber, cook the couscous, and mince the herbs. Arrange bowls with desired amounts of all ingredients.
These tasty dinner recipes are going to take the flavor back to your dinnertime! These ingredients are for more than one portion, so please make sure that you eat the right quantity of food. This is a matter of your own control, and it comes with practice. Don’t allow yourself to feel overwhelmed with your food, especially in the evening!
#1 Superfood Detox Salad
This is ideal post-holiday detox meal, so keep it in mind and after New Year’s. It is rich in vitamins, nutritious and delicious! This is a quantity of food for 6-8 portions.
- 1 small cabbage – red or green;
- 5-6 carrots;
- 1 red beet;
- 1 avocado;
- 1/2 cup fresh dill;
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts.
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 2-3 garlic cloves;
- 1/2 cup olive oil;
- 1/4 cup unfiltered apple cider vinegar;
- Shred cabbage(s), carrots and beets in a food processor. Remove to a bowl.
- Chop the walnuts roughly (or pulse a few times in the food processor).
- Make the dressing by mixing oil, vinegar and pressed garlic cloves.
- Add the chopped fresh dill, and walnuts to the veggies, a few pinches of salt, and pour the dressing over. Mix really well and adjust the salt and acidity if needed (it’s better to do this 10-15 min before serving).
- Chop the avocado, and add to the salad, mix lightly. Serve with more chopped walnuts on top.
#2 Immune-boosting chicken soup
This soup is filled with antioxidants that boost immunity and keep you energized.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil;
- 1 onion, chopped;
- 3 large celery stalks, chopped;
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped;
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced;
- 10 cloves garlic, minced;
- 8 cups chicken stock;
- 2 bay leaves;
- ½ tsp. Turmeric;
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper;
- 1½ tsp. sea salt;
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed;
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken;
- 2 cups baby kale leaves.
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion, celery and carrots, stirring occasionally about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic, cooking another 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken stock, bay leaves, turmeric, crushed red pepper, salt and chickpeas; bring to a boil. Mix in shredded chicken, cover and turn down heat to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add kale, cover and simmer an additional 5 minutes. Discard bay leaves, serve and enjoy!
These were our favorite recipes to get you started on your detox routine. There are some more amazing suggestions in our blog about Intermittent Fasting. If you decide to lose the weight you’ve been struggling with, keep in mind that it is the best to combine the right nutrition with a proper exercise routine.
Every organism has its own needs, so make sure not to use general guidelines because you may not get the right results. Get the nutrition and exercise program designed for you own special needs and enjoy in newly gained energy and good looks! Cheers!